The Dualers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterPortalLog in

July 16th - indigO2

Go down 
+12
doyles
Chirasin
dior
shalamullery
cal76
Caz
Choccylover
cliver
Emzy
Ska'd4life
jeffmack
Red
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Red
Administrator
Red

July 16th - indigO2 Empty
PostSubject: July 16th - indigO2   July 16th - indigO2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 8:18 am

Thursday 16th July

The IndigO2
The O2 Arena
Peninsula Square
London SE10 0DX
0844 844 0002

Tickets £15

Over 14s only!! Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult. Photo ID may be required.

PLEASE NOTE: if you purchase seated tickets, or King's Row tickets, you WILL NOT be allowed into the standing area in front of the stage, and vice versa.

Last edited by Red on Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/red.dualers
jeffmack

PostSubject: Re: July 16th - indigO2   July 16th - indigO2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 2:58 am

Do you know what time the Dualers are on stage. 7:00 seems early to get there if they are not on stage until 9:00
Back to top Go down
Ska'd4life

PostSubject: Re: July 16th - indigO2   July 16th - indigO2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 5:11 am

We want to wish Tyber, Simon and the band the very best for the concert tonight. 8-)

We will all be cheering you on and looking forward to a great show which I know we will get. 8-)

......... and not forgetting DJ Cello who will be spinning a few of our favourite tunes as well Wink 8-)

So, well done all. We know you deserve to go much further and we hope that tonight will be the start of it all.

And sometime soon, we may be seeing you in the bigger room next door to the Indigo! 8-) ;D 8-) ;D Smile

Richard
Back to top Go down
jeffmack

PostSubject: Re: July 16th - indigO2   July 16th - indigO2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 6:56 am

jeffmack wrote:
Do you know what time the Dualers are on stage. 7:00 seems early to get there if they are not on stage until 9:00

Phoned the venue, Dualers are on from 8:00 to 10:20
Back to top Go down
Emzy

Emzy

PostSubject: Re: July 16th - indigO2   July 16th - indigO2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 10:13 am

Wanna wish the guys and the band all the best for the show tonight! I want to hear all about seen as though I am unable to attend....being in Canada and all.

I'm sure it'll be amazing and that it gives the guys the big break that they deserve Very Happy

I read that they're coming back there in December, i'm guessing for the christmas show? So i'll make it so I am definately there! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/emz_louise
cliver

PostSubject: Indigo   July 16th - indigO2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 3:44 pm

Will post more comprehensive comments later, but if I never hear DJ Cello again it will be to soon.
Shouting into the mic and turning up the volume to distortion-level does NOT make an atmosphere, nor does talking to the dancefloor people and ignoring the vast crowd in the balcony.
Might be worth his while to buy some CDs to replace scratched vinyl before his next gig.
Dreadful
Back to top Go down
http://www.solarradio.com
Choccylover

PostSubject: Re: July 16th - indigO2   July 16th - indigO2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 12:56 am

Had a fantastic time last night! Very Happy Si, Tyber and the band were a top class act. The sound was far better than any of the other venues and their set catered for everyone. Good to hear some new songs and can't wait for "The Cooking Pot".

The only downside was the price of the drinks and the fact that you couldn't dance if you were in the Kings Row. Evil or Very Mad It was like having a really bad itch and not being able to scratch it! Shocked We did ask if we could dance at the side and was told we could, but were then told to sit down and were eventually told we could move downstairs! Would definitely go for the cheaper standing tickets next time as there was a much better atmosphere downstairs.

So thanks to Tyber and Si for another memorable night and roll on 17th December! cheers

x
Back to top Go down
Caz

PostSubject: Indigo2 16th July   July 16th - indigO2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 3:46 am

Well done to The Dualers for a fantastic performance. Great night out - didn't stop dancing. Glad we bought standing tickets. Best night out in a long time. Only downside was the price of the drinks. Looking forward to The Cooking Pot and the next show.
Back to top Go down
cal76

PostSubject: what a night at the indigo   July 16th - indigO2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 3:47 am

the lads was great lastnight cant wait for the next one
Back to top Go down
cliver

PostSubject: Re: July 16th - indigO2   July 16th - indigO2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 5:53 am

cliver wrote:
Will post more comprehensive comments later, but if I never hear DJ Cello again it will be to soon.
Shouting into the mic and turning up the volume to distortion-level does NOT make an atmosphere, nor does talking to the dancefloor people and ignoring the vast crowd in the balcony.
Might be worth his while to buy some CDs to replace scratched vinyl before his next gig.
Dreadful

I'm wondering why my post from this morning is missing from this thread, having spent 10 minutes writing a decent review around 9am!!!
Back to top Go down
jeffmack

PostSubject: Re: July 16th - indigO2   July 16th - indigO2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 7:25 am

At least the car parking was free, the barrier was up in car park 4.

Great night, good venue and great band
Back to top Go down
cliver

PostSubject: Re: July 16th - indigO2   July 16th - indigO2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 7:41 am

Quite a show - well done Dualers and Band!

The band laid down splendid support, with the brass section blowing up a storm, including fine 'bone work, good trumpet and, at last, solid sax! Great guitar solos, too- both solid and hollow-body picking.

Good stagecraft from the boys, though had to watch much of Tyber on the big screen, as front-stage isn't clearly visible from front-balcony! Shame about the lighting man, with his penchant for beaming the bright spots onto the balcony from back-of-stage - had to watch couple of songs with hand over eyes!

After the delightful Wonder Girl, the sound balance went a bit awry, with the bass detracting from vocals, but the performance was overall impressive, despite the shortcomings of Mr Cello.

Any links to press reviews?
Back to top Go down
Ska'd4life

PostSubject: Re: July 16th - indigO2   July 16th - indigO2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 8:50 am

A couple of videos for you. Maybe some more to follow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc_vx8dW1bQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dElDxaY_UVU

Enjoy

Richard
Back to top Go down
Emzy

Emzy

PostSubject: Re: July 16th - indigO2   July 16th - indigO2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 9:44 am

thanks for sharing the videos Richard! They're fab Very Happy

still gutted that i missed what looks like an amazing night! but i'll be at the xmas one even if it kills me lol Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/emz_louise
Ska'd4life

PostSubject: Re: July 16th - indigO2   July 16th - indigO2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 10:23 am

What an awesome concert. I've seen the boys with the band a few times this year but this show was in another league. The brass was amazing and from a downstairs standing point of view, the sound was spot on. Cool

Quite a few new songs and some old favourites. Took some great video which I am uploading.

Met up with Si and Tybers dad Bill at the aftershow party. He was glowing with pride of his boys. Very Happy

It was an amazing night and I am still buzzing from it today. Thanks to Tyber, Simon, The Dualers support team and Antony for producing such a fantastic night out for us. Cool

So looking forward to the Christmas party Wink
Back to top Go down
Ska'd4life

PostSubject: Re: July 16th - indigO2   July 16th - indigO2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 10:39 am

cliver wrote:
Dreadful

Clive, Cello's attention to the dancefloor people was trying to get them dancing. You must remember that although some people remember the ska-two-tone music, there are very few people around who actually know what original Jamaican ska music is. I bet some people there had never heard it before. Cello was trying to set the scene for the Dualers by getting everyone dancing. The focus on downstairs was because upstairs they were not allowed to dance Exclamation

Original Jamaican music is best played, Imho, from the original vinyl, scratches and all. Playing the same from a CD, which is normally digitally cleaned and enhanced and often has had the sound re-balanced, is simply not the same. Surely playing music of this era from the media it was originally recorded on has to be the way.

As to Cello shouting, there were problems with the sound levels on his voice-mic. Wink

As a frequent listener to Cello's music, and us being regular attendees of Coast to Coast, we thought Cello's performance was great in trying to set the scene for the show. Cool

Richard
Back to top Go down
jeffmack

PostSubject: Re: July 16th - indigO2   July 16th - indigO2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 10:48 am

cliver wrote:
Dreadful

I normally love the tracks that DJ Cello plays, especially the old Ska ones that I havent heard before. I didnt like his set as much as normal and I have to agree with some of what Clive said in respect of the shouting, I prefer when he just spins the tunes
Back to top Go down
Ska'd4life

PostSubject: Re: July 16th - indigO2   July 16th - indigO2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 11:01 am

jeffmack wrote:
cliver wrote:
Dreadful

I normally love the tracks that DJ Cello plays, especially the old Ska ones that I havent heard before. I didnt like his set as much as normal and I have to agree with some of what Clive said in respect of the shouting, I prefer when he just spins the tunes

His set was different to what I am used to as well but I put it down to trying to introduce the older stuff to a "new" audience. A mix of old original and some of the more commonly known tracks.

Richard
Back to top Go down
Red
Administrator
Red

PostSubject: Re: July 16th - indigO2   July 16th - indigO2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 11:16 am

cliver wrote:
cliver wrote:
Dreadful

I'm wondering why my post from this morning is missing from this thread, having spent 10 minutes writing a decent review around 9am!!!
Are you sure it actually posted to the forum, Clive? ie) could you have pressed 'preview' rather than 'send'?

No posts have been deleted manually, and I haven't had the opportunity to log on since before the show yesterday. Luckily no one else has reported a similar problem, but I shall look in to it.
Back to top Go down
cliver

PostSubject: Re: July 16th - indigO2   July 16th - indigO2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 11:24 am

It is possible, and probably likely, that I clicked the Preview button rather than the Send, not previously having had the two options Wink
Back to top Go down
Red
Administrator
Red

PostSubject: Re: July 16th - indigO2   July 16th - indigO2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 11:26 am

Well, that's good to hear - at least the forum isn't broken already Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Red
Administrator
Red

PostSubject: Re: July 16th - indigO2   July 16th - indigO2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 11:30 am

Ska'd4life wrote:
His set was different to what I am used to as well but I put it down to trying to introduce the older stuff to a "new" audience. A mix of old original and some of the more commonly known tracks.

Richard
My only previous experience of Cello has been at Skavoovie, and he was always very good. However, I did find it 'annoying' at times (for lack of a better word) when records were restarted because people were not singing or dancing enough - this happened quite a few times, and continued on during the after show party too.
Back to top Go down
Ska'd4life

PostSubject: Re: July 16th - indigO2   July 16th - indigO2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 11:37 am

Red wrote:
Ska'd4life wrote:

Richard
My only previous experience of Cello has been at Skavoovie, and he was always very good. However, I did find it 'annoying' at times (for lack of a better word) when records were restarted because people were not singing or dancing enough - this happened quite a few times, and continued on during the after show party too.

Re-starting tracks by DJ's does seem to be the trend these days in night-clubs playing current day music. Quite why they do this I just don't know. Looks like Cello has picked this up as well and I too find it annoying. If I am dancing and the record is re-started, then sometimes I can't make it through to the end of the track lol!

Richard
Back to top Go down
Ska'd4life

PostSubject: Re: July 16th - indigO2   July 16th - indigO2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 11:39 am

Another video from last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMP-IhMYu1g

Another one on the way Cool

Richard
Back to top Go down
shalamullery

PostSubject: Re: July 16th - indigO2   July 16th - indigO2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 12:31 pm

superb show last nite.
quality as susual.
Shame the indigo was a piss take for drinks.
Having second thoughts going back there for xmas bash tho--having done the last few in Brentwood seems a shame they have changed the venue.
What is the reason behind that?.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: July 16th - indigO2   July 16th - indigO2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

July 16th - indigO2
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next