The Dualers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterPortalLog in

The Forum

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cliver

The Forum Empty
PostSubject: The Forum   The Forum Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 3:36 am

"It's life, Jim, but not as we know it" (memorable quote from 'Star Trek')

Judging by the paucity of postings (of interest) on here of recent, it would seem that 'The Forum' as we had known it over the past several years is (sadly) a thing of the past.

While I will probably still 'lurk', I will make this (again probably) final posting to say 'thanks and farewell' to all of the good friends and acquaintances I have met during recent years through involvement with the Dualers' Forum, including Chirasin, Ollie, Richard (Ska'd) & Loraine, Jeanette, Helen, Mishi, Pam (PAM - those were the days/nights [on the forum!!]) and others whose names have slipped from my memory....and of course Tracy/Red, without whom much of this would not have been possible.

I'm going to see Si and his R&B Band at Bromley CIU on Friday, if anyone else is going along....

Clive R
Back to top Go down
http://www.solarradio.com
Chirasin

Chirasin

The Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forum   The Forum Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 5:06 am

Nice one, Clive R.

Indeed, strangely enough i came across Tyber's b/day story the other day ;o) those were, indeed, the days.

Counting down the days Surprised(

Back to top Go down
Ska'd4life

The Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forum   The Forum Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 12:35 pm

Clive, I think much of the lack of Forum posts can be attributed to Facebook. A great many people use Facebook for all sorts of contacts - some of interest but mostly questionable content.

From The Dualers perspective, they need to ensure communication is effective and Facebook is a way of reaching a large audience. Unfortunately that means that discussions that used to be posted here now take place there instead. A great shame.

My recollection is the live links to your SOLAR Radio show when we used to communicate with you while you were on air and The Dualers almost always got a mention.

Hope to see you around somewhere Clive.

Best regards and love to Barbara x
Back to top Go down
cliver

The Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forum   The Forum Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 9:16 am

Thanks for the info, Richard - I do have a Facebook page, but only visit it occasionally, though I have found it useful for linking up with music and sports contacts - but have never thought of it as a means of 'conversation'....must be an age thing!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.solarradio.com
Chirasin

Chirasin

The Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forum   The Forum Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 8:09 am

Enuff said Wink

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forum   The Forum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down