The Dualers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterPortalLog in

Introducing myself

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
phattonythedon

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Introducing myself   Introducing myself Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 11:17 am

Hi there, just wanted to introduce myself to you all, my names Tony, I'm a gas heating engineer working in and around SE London, mostly from Gravesend up through to woolwich and eltham and everything in between.
I was put on to ska by me ol' dad who was a fan of the specials and madness but also the real old skool stuff. I don't know if you've ever heard of Judge Dread but the guy used to live down the road from where my dad grew up and my Dad and one of his brothers were big fans, the guy was a legend, sadly he died a while back Crying or Very sad
I'm pretty well into my dub reggae and ska but i do like a good mix of this n that.
Me and the missus have tickets to see the dualers at the O2 and will take me ol' man with us too.
Sarah, my missus, has had the pleasure of meeting the dualers twice already and even got a decent pic of herself with them. She just always seems to go to Maidstone on the right day jammy git!

anyway, hope to get to know a few of you better as I spend more time here Cool
Back to top Go down
Chirasin

Chirasin

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself   Introducing myself Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 12:15 pm

Hello, phattonythedon (Tony)

Pleased to make your acquaintance Smile

didn't Judge Dread get a 'ban' from the charts once for his lyrics?

Maybe you should go shopping with Sarah next time she toddles off to Maidstone Wink

Welcome
Back to top Go down
Ska'd4life

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself   Introducing myself Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 3:31 pm

Hi Tony, Welcome aboard.

It was through Judge Dread that I was first introduced to Ska. I got all his albums and singles and saw him in concert once in Chelmsford. He was singing along to backing tapes. Great night out as I remember but it was a while ago. Must have been late 1960's or early 1970's.
I had an interest in Madness but that was mainly through friends I was with at the time.
My real hook onto Ska was after I first saw The Dualers supporting Ziggy Marley a few years ago. From then it's been up and up.

Loving every minute of it.

We are going to the O2 so maybe catch up with you.

Richard
Back to top Go down
Shez

Shez

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself   Introducing myself Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 2:31 pm

Hey Tony! Welcome!

I'm lovin Ska and Reggae at the moment, The Dualers introduced me to it :p that was my first taster anyway, now I spend some time looking up The Specials and Madness etc on Spotify Smile I like a lot of the old stuff although I tend to forget the names of artists and songs. But it seems to be quite addictive and very uplifting. I have always liked madness though and a little bit of UB40.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Introducing myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself   Introducing myself Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introducing myself
Page 1 of 1