The Dualers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterPortalLog in

um bettye swann and aaron neville covers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ghostwood

ghostwood

um bettye swann and aaron neville covers Empty
PostSubject: um bettye swann and aaron neville covers   um bettye swann and aaron neville covers Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 9:54 pm

these are two brilliant 60's soul music tracks...i think they would sound even better by the duelers. ok. they are: aaron neville - tell it like it is and bettye swann - then you can tell me. just thought i would throw it out there..i mean, why not, nothing to lose right. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cliver

PostSubject: Re: um bettye swann and aaron neville covers   um bettye swann and aaron neville covers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 6:22 am

You might get Si and his R&B band to do these fine songs, but I fear that any soul connection for The Dualers is a thing of the past, other than the usual 2 or 3 favourites that sometimes feature in street performances!
Back to top Go down
http://www.solarradio.com
natasha23

natasha23

PostSubject: Re: um bettye swann and aaron neville covers   um bettye swann and aaron neville covers Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 3:22 am

hi good song choices i have heard of aaron neville before but not bettey swann just had a look on youtube and i have to say the lady has one hell of a voice really lovely Smile
Back to top Go down
ghostwood

ghostwood

PostSubject: Re: um bettye swann and aaron neville covers   um bettye swann and aaron neville covers Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 5:52 pm

ah well .. was worth a try Very Happy thank you for your replies x and yes..she has a beautiful voice .. it's always the ones not so well known who deserve more merit huh ;-)
Back to top Go down
natasha23

natasha23

PostSubject: Re: um bettye swann and aaron neville covers   um bettye swann and aaron neville covers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 2:00 am

i no theirs a guy who i like called toussaint mcall he has some lovely songs i really like notthing takes the place of you thats a really great song Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cliver

PostSubject: Re: um bettye swann and aaron neville covers   um bettye swann and aaron neville covers Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 11:43 am

That song would suit Si's voice just great, Natasha - but would it work with the reggae band in support?
Back to top Go down
natasha23

natasha23

PostSubject: Re: um bettye swann and aaron neville covers   um bettye swann and aaron neville covers Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 12:28 pm

hi cliver im not to sure how it would work with a reggae beat prince buster done a good version of this song im sure it would sound really good with a reggae beat tho but im not sure if the dualers would think so. i just think its a really good song full of soul Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ghostwood

ghostwood

PostSubject: Re: um bettye swann and aaron neville covers   um bettye swann and aaron neville covers Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 3:51 pm

i'm gonna check out that toussaint mcall song..sounds a good un Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ghostwood

ghostwood

PostSubject: Re: um bettye swann and aaron neville covers   um bettye swann and aaron neville covers Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 4:23 pm

hi natasha .. thanks for recommending toussaint mcall.. what a great song would like to hear more... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
natasha23

natasha23

PostSubject: Re: um bettye swann and aaron neville covers   um bettye swann and aaron neville covers Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 2:02 am

your welcome ghost wood Very Happy
Back to top Go down
django68

PostSubject: Re: um bettye swann and aaron neville covers   um bettye swann and aaron neville covers Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 5:01 am

There's reggae versions of Tell It Like It Is (Nicky Thomas) and Then You Can Tell Me Goodbye (Slim Smith and also Pat Kelly.)

Back to top Go down
http://www.wailers.co.uk
natasha23

natasha23

PostSubject: Re: um bettye swann and aaron neville covers   um bettye swann and aaron neville covers Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 1:49 am

i will have to go check out them versions on youtube Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cliver

PostSubject: Re: um bettye swann and aaron neville covers   um bettye swann and aaron neville covers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 5:22 am

So many great soul ballads have been covered by reggae bands and so few reggae fans are aware that there are soul originals.
This has been endemic to reggae for best part of four decades, and sadly many of the records fail to credit (and thus pay) the original writers. I've seen dozens of reggae and ska 45s with a writer credit of "arr. by " then the singer's name. Must be thousands of $$ royalties 'mis-routed' in tis way, but copyright theft is nothing new in any field of music.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: um bettye swann and aaron neville covers   um bettye swann and aaron neville covers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

um bettye swann and aaron neville covers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dualers :: General & Off Topic :: General Chat-
Jump to: