The Dualers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterPortalLog in

Text talk!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SummerLove

Text talk!! Empty
PostSubject: Text talk!!   Text talk!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 12:33 am

I ws jst wonderin wot ws rong wiv txt talk? Every1 wants 2 recycle 2 save da earth so y nt txt tlk 2 save tym?? Yes it is bein lazy bt dont we all in 1 way or nuva if we cn cut corners??? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Clown

Clown

Text talk!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Text talk!!   Text talk!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 12:52 am

cs nbdy ova 22 cn undrstnd it thts y.

On the point of saving time I.m faster at typing normally than using text talk, I also don't get all the underlined words that the spell checker can't understand and as it's all on the internet no paper or ink is wasted study
Back to top Go down
http://www.outcast-squad.com
cliver

Text talk!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Text talk!!   Text talk!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 1:27 am

Along the lines of Clown's response, given the time it takes to choose which letters to omit and which spellings to corrupt, and likewise the time it takes for the reader to work out what the writer means - and the fact that no consumables are used, it's probably just as fast to type in 'proper English' in the first place.

This is also a courtesy to readers of the forum for whom English is not their first or 'native' language - unless your computer has a multi-lingual 'txt-abbrvn' converter Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.solarradio.com
SummerLove

Text talk!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Text talk!!   Text talk!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 1:43 am

So what i need to do is talk proper english???? But may be that is proper english to me!!! And thanks for apoligie clive,,, im gonna give this PROPER english a go but no diut ill av a few cock ups along the way!!! Lol lol,,, whos av thought text talk could cause such problem for people?? Lol
Back to top Go down
Red
Administrator
Red

Text talk!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Text talk!!   Text talk!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 2:57 am

My niece and younger cousins use text abbreviations on Facebook and it takes me a good minute or so to work out what they are saying.

As a teacher (and someone who appreciates the written and spoken word), it concerns me that in a few generations time people will have forgotten how to use correct English and will be reinventing the dictionary Sad

Plus, as a side note, it does state in the Heaven forum site rules, which each and every one of us agreed to when we signed up, that text abbreviations would be avoided...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/red.dualers
SummerLove

Text talk!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Text talk!!   Text talk!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 3:18 am

Like i said its a habit and i am gonna try but i do it without noticing so bare with me!! Lol,, a bit like smoking a bad habit but bit easy to stop,,, its taking me ages to write this as i keep having to correct it!!! Lol lol,, oh well here goes!!! Hehehe
Back to top Go down
SummerLove

Text talk!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Text talk!!   Text talk!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 3:19 am

Ment to write smokin not east to stop!!! Lol lol
Back to top Go down
Red
Administrator
Red

Text talk!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Text talk!!   Text talk!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 3:22 am

Don't worry, Teresa, your efforts are appreciated! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SummerLove

Text talk!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Text talk!!   Text talk!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 3:26 am

Thanks red!! Xx
Back to top Go down
dior

dior

Text talk!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Text talk!!   Text talk!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 9:48 am

It takes me a while to work it out.
I also feel it won't be long and no one will be able to spell, as it is so easy to use the spell check. No need now for anyone to know or think how it should be spelt!
Back to top Go down
Clown

Clown

Text talk!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Text talk!!   Text talk!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 12:43 pm

Ah Red 'correct English' when has correct English been spoken? It's a language that is always evolving, incorporating new words, words from other languages and forgetting or changing the meanings of other words. The way I speak is different from my parents and my children and the way it's going I'm going to have to get a bloody phrase book to speak to my grandkids Rolling Eyes

But on a more serious note I've found a clown smiley clown
Back to top Go down
http://www.outcast-squad.com
SummerLove

Text talk!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Text talk!!   Text talk!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 12:53 pm

Ol,, so true clown
Back to top Go down
Red
Administrator
Red

Text talk!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Text talk!!   Text talk!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 12:59 pm

Clown wrote:
Ah Red 'correct English' when has correct English been spoken?"
But the issue here wasn't 'speaking' but 'writing'. And when it comes to writing, there is a correct way of doing things.

But, I am glad you found a clown smiley Smile cat
Back to top Go down
SummerLove

Text talk!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Text talk!!   Text talk!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 1:04 pm

You know what,, my talk isnt great either!!! Lol lol
Back to top Go down
Red
Administrator
Red

Text talk!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Text talk!!   Text talk!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 1:07 pm

LOL I don't think you're supposed to admit that, silly Wink
Back to top Go down
SummerLove

Text talk!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Text talk!!   Text talk!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 1:12 pm

Y not?? Lol,, rem?? Say it how you see it!!! Lol,, even if u do slate yourself!!! Hehehe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Text talk!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Text talk!!   Text talk!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Text talk!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dualers :: Community Admin :: Community Rules & Announcements-
Jump to: