The Dualers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterPortalLog in

Announcement to Fans

Go down 
+9
Ska'd4life
foxylady
NEWTOSKA
natasha23
Dean M
Jem
cliver
Chirasin
Red
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Red
Administrator
Red

Announcement to Fans Empty
PostSubject: Announcement to Fans   Announcement to Fans Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 2:18 pm

Dear Dualer Fans

My brother and I have sung side by side for the last 15 years and have received so much love and support from you all, so it brings me much sadness to inform you that after a lot of thought and careful consideration I have decided to leave The Dualers.

I have reached this decision for several reasons. One of these is my desire to explore the influences, particularly those of musical greats like Jackie Wilson, which are shaping my current creative direction. Some of you may already know that I have released a new song called Dynamo which has become a huge hit on the underground R&B scene and is available on iTunes.

It is the success of Dynamo that now finds my new band and me flying off to Spain, France and Germany and we already have around 20 gig dates confirmed for next year. This, along with the arrival of baby number 2, has 2011 looking very busy for me and has contributed to the difficult decision to leave The Dualers.

So, aside from my fatherly duties, I will now be concentrating my efforts on my new solo project (www.sicranstoun.com, myspace.com/sicranstounmusic), with a view to releasing a new album in the spring of 2011 entitled "The Throwback".

With regards to the remaining Dualer gigs this year my brother has requested that he take The Monto Water Rats gig and the Skavoovies in preparation for his 2011 plans. So I look forward to seeing you all for my last Dualer gig at The Brentwood Christmas Concert!

2011 will be a year bringing a fresh new direction for Tyber and The Dualer band and I truly wish them all every success.

I hope to still offer contributions to The Dualers behind the scenes by co-writing the occasional song or recording backing vocals and harmonica.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you for your love, support and enthusiasm for The Dualers to date and sincerely hope that it continues.

Love, thanks & best wishes

Si

xx
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/red.dualers
Chirasin

Chirasin

PostSubject: Re: Announcement to Fans   Announcement to Fans Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 2:29 pm

Good Luck, Si and thank you!

What more can one say.

Love you.

x
Back to top Go down
cliver

PostSubject: Re: Announcement to Fans   Announcement to Fans Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 2:49 pm

Thanks for so many great years with the Dualers, Si - and here's to many more fulfilling your ideals in the world of soul and R&B.

See you soon

Clive R
Back to top Go down
http://www.solarradio.com
Jem

PostSubject: Re: Announcement to Fans   Announcement to Fans Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 2:51 pm

Good luck for the future to all of you x
Back to top Go down
Dean M

PostSubject: Re: Announcement to Fans   Announcement to Fans Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 3:15 pm

really sorry to here this as i am sort of new to the Dualers sound (Romsey + O2 indigo and Romford)
i will look forward to Brentwood and wish you both well in your future ventures and will still support you both

as a newbie to the Dualers...you are both excellent singers and entertainers and as a group will be missed

i will see you both around somewhere

Dean M

Back to top Go down
Red
Administrator
Red

PostSubject: Re: Announcement to Fans   Announcement to Fans Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 3:21 pm

Tyber would like to thank everyone for their kind and supportive comments, and wants to reassure you all that he is continuing with the band, and all advertised live shows will be going ahead as planned. He looks forward to seeing you all soon. Love and best wishes! X
Back to top Go down
natasha23

natasha23

PostSubject: Re: Announcement to Fans   Announcement to Fans Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 4:18 pm

awww thats really sad too hear but if you both going to carry on doing your own things then my very best wishes to the both of you good luck.have to say im really gutted tho,but will still support the dualers and si xxxxx
Back to top Go down
NEWTOSKA

PostSubject: Re: Announcement to Fans   Announcement to Fans Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 2:01 am

All good things have to come to an end, and what a good thing Si and Tyber singing together are. On behalf of my Fiancee and I, we wish you both the best of luck for the future, who knows this could open doors for you both.

We will continue to support you both.

I am sure I can speak on behalf of all your fans, I am gutted you are going your separate ways, but GOOD LUCK to you both....we will miss the smiles and good feeling when you both are singing together.

Simon & Louise.
Back to top Go down
cliver

PostSubject: Re: Announcement to Fans   Announcement to Fans Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 2:23 am

I think this evolvement confirms what has been evident over the past 40 years - that while ska/reggae and soul/R&B are both essentially Black music genres, their cultural and musical foundations have little common ground.

Tyber has always been more inclined towards ska and reggae roots, while Simon has displayed the influence of Sam Cooke, Ben E King and Jackie Wilson, so this polarisation of styles and direction allows each to take their preferred path to further success.
Back to top Go down
http://www.solarradio.com
Chirasin

Chirasin

PostSubject: Re: Announcement to Fans   Announcement to Fans Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 5:14 am

I do wish there were a 'like' button on forums Wink
Back to top Go down
foxylady

PostSubject: Re: Announcement to Fans   Announcement to Fans Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 1:14 pm

I'm so sorry to hear the news but its reassuring to hear that you will still be contributing behind the scenes.

I wish you both success and happiness in following your dreams.

Congratulations Si on the arrival of baby number 2

Happy Birthday Tyber

One question with regards to the gig planned at the O2 Indigo next April, will you be attending/ will it still go ahead?
Back to top Go down
Red
Administrator
Red

PostSubject: Re: Announcement to Fans   Announcement to Fans Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 11:24 am

It will still be going ahead, but Simon will not be performing.
Back to top Go down
Dean M

PostSubject: Re: Announcement to Fans   Announcement to Fans Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 2:12 pm

Red wrote:
It will still be going ahead, but Simon will not be performing.

looking forward to brentwood and will get tickets for O2 in april

both are talented guys

Back to top Go down
Ska'd4life

PostSubject: Re: Announcement to Fans   Announcement to Fans Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 3:33 pm

Tyber is great on his own but with the band. He brings the vocal talents of the band into the set and it becomes more of a group peformance with a very talented lead singer. bounce
Back to top Go down
kathill73

PostSubject: Re: Announcement to Fans   Announcement to Fans Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 12:47 am

It soooo sad that your leaving and i wish you both luck for the future xxx
Back to top Go down
Ollie

PostSubject: Re: Announcement to Fans   Announcement to Fans Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 3:33 pm

Well............ Thats the end of something really great. The boys have been absolutly fantastic and have given so much pleasure to folk over the years . Its understandable they have different music preferances and probably feel they want to express these in their own way .
Ever since I seen them busking in Kingston 10 years ago I was ` Hooked ` I always have been and always will be.
Met lots of really nice folk because of them and never will take a prefferance between them [ though the Mrs likes Si`s Bum ! ] I see Si is doing a gig in Farnborough ......... Just a few miles down the road ........ See you there Si .
Tyber .......... You always called me ` Mr Smilly ` .............. Watch out mate because I will be there in the crowd giving all the support I possibly can with a huge smile on my face .
Good Luck Guys ............... You are the best.

Chris [ Ollie ]
Back to top Go down
ronniep

PostSubject: Re: Announcement to Fans   Announcement to Fans Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 3:59 am

Gutted !!!!!!!!!!!really gutted, heard your music, and loved it, just bought tickets to see you guys in Folkestone,
best of luck for the future and keep up the good work

Ronniep
Back to top Go down
Ska'd4life

PostSubject: Re: Announcement to Fans   Announcement to Fans Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 3:37 pm

Ronnie, You will love Tyber and the band at Folkestone. It's quite a decent venue too. By the way, what are you doing on Thursday 8th September. Come on down to the Amersham Arms, New Cross to the Dualers club night. Two live sets from the band plus a ska DJ. Meet up with Tyber and the band. Always a good night out. maybe see you there!
Back to top Go down
Butterfly

Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Announcement to Fans   Announcement to Fans Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 4:02 pm

Be good to see you at Skavoovie at the Amersham Arms, New Cross.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Announcement to Fans   Announcement to Fans Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Announcement to Fans
Page 1 of 1